Introduction: Cosa sono i Nxt?
I Nxt sono considerati una seconda generazione di CryptoMoneta. Con tutte glialtcoins che sono apparsi a cui è stato cambiato solo il metodo di hashing , il tempo fra la generazione di di due blocchi e la difficoltà di inizio e cosi via. I Nxt invece mette di più in tavola... ed è stato ideato e progettato da cima a fondo.
- It is not an "alt coin" like litecoin, peercoin, and other variants whose code is based on Bitcoin's source code. It is written from scratch, in all-new source code.
- It provides built-in support for robust features such as a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange, voting system, messaging/chat, decentralized DNS, and options for instant transactions. Many Bitcoin-based currencies implement one or two of these features on top of the existing Bitcoin network. Nxt implements all of them on an improved network model that is built for speed and scale.
- It is 100% proof of stake (PoS), versus the proof of work (PoW) mechanism the vast majority of other coins are based on. Instead of using powerful computers to "mine" new coins, Nxt leverages the balances of existing accounts to "forge" blocks, rewarding forgers with transaction fees. The Proof-of-Stake algorithm is efficient enough to run on smartphones and small devices like the Raspberry Pi platform. In addition, this method effectively removes a large security risk inherent in most other coins: the issue of a 51% attack and many of the other vulnerabilities inherent to Proof-of-Work coins are gone.
- It was announced weeks in advance, unlike mere hours like most coins. Based on an injection of 21BTC by 73 original stakeholders, 1 billion Nxt coins were ejected from the Nxt genesis block and are currently being distributed to thousands of account holds through giveaways, trades, and bounties for ongoing development of the platform. Nxt is listed on http://coinmarketcap.com/ and people are trading on a 1-on-1 basis as well as on centralized exchanges such as bter.com, dgex.com, Cryptsy.com, Poloniex.com and Vircurex.com among others.
- Nxt is implementing a very slick feature called "Transparent Forging", which will allow each user's client to automatically determine which server node will generate the next block. This allows clients to send their transactions directly to that node, minimizing transaction times. Immediate and high-priority transactions can be processed for additional fees. An equally important feature of Transparent Forging is an outstanding security feature of the protocol, which can temporarily reduce to zero the forging power of nodes who should generate the next block but do not – penalizing accounts that do not actively support the network, and distributing that power to nodes that do. With transparent forging, even a 90% majority owner of all Nxt will be prevented from branching out and forcing a forked blockchain: if a node has 90% of all Nxt, and doesn't generate a block when scheduled, the system will reduce its forging power to zero temporarily to prevent a bad fork from being forced.