The cryptographic principles that form the foundation of Nxt allow it to support a wide range of additional services. Many of the listed features are currently in development, and some will be released soon. All of the following upcoming features are completely decentralized:
- Voting System
- The secure, encrypted, consensus-based nature of the Nxt network allows the implementation of a voting system that guarantees anonymity and security, without relying on a central authority to tally votes.
- Instant Transactions
- A mechanism for sending transactions through the network with "guaranteed" confirmations, making transactions valid almost instantaneously.
- Automated Transactions
- Autonomous applications working on top of the Nxt network will be able to process transactions automatically following a set of rules. This brings automated, trustless escrow service.
- Multisignature transactions
- A method for requiring multiple accounts to authorize a transaction before it is sent. Similar to having a "joint bank account"; could also be used to provide escrow and other services
- Two-Phase Payments
- Transactions that require two authentications before they are completely sent. For example "I will give you 100 Nxt now, and another 100 once your project is finished"
- Distributed Computing
- A platform for using Nxt as a basis for distributed computing tasks (akin to the SETI@Home program, BOINC, and other initiatives)
- Distributed File Storage
- A decentralized network for file storage, similar to torrents
- Account Control
- Built-in mechanisms for limiting account behaviour, such as freezing the ability for an account to make transactions (for security purposes)
- A mechanism for reducing the size of the blockchain
Next: Find out how to get started with Nxt !